Thursday, July 2, 2009

Working it off

I pile on the work when I'm depressed. I could just take a Xanax or refill my LexaPro- but that's too easy. Today it's the "things I hate to do around the house" kind of work. Anything to change my mindset for the rest of the day.

Cleaning the pool sand filter got me started. Nothing like some universal PVC connections and 50 pounds of ZeoSand to take your mind off things. Once the pool was up and running again I defrosted the garage freezer I keep the frozen falcon food in (and admittedly a roast or whatever CostCo is pushing but don't tell Zo- he creeps out). I have a quail delivery tomorrow- so I need the space... and I had put a Coke in there for the garbage man and forgot about it last week. So the freezer looked like a coke slush inside before I started. Then I finished my truck detailing job and re-installed the cargo liner- which was a carpet saver this time to be sure.

I finished with a complete wash of the truck just in time for Emilio and the five dogs to return from playing frisbee in the surf. Great timing and I jumped in the pool with them all and swam and played catch until I was cooled off. The two puppies Yona and Oso really enjoy just swimming- no ball or frisbee needed really. They follow me to every corner of the pool and freak out when I dive. And with the swim with Yona and Oso I was done mourning for "Puka the rock eater". I did my mourning the past few days while she was fighting so hard- now I feel she is at peace and free, and so am I. It's the waiting and suffering I hate, not the dying.

Coming out of the pool I noticed a bloom beginning on the plant our neighbors Danny and Bob gave us last Christmas. It is four huge bulbs actually- the Mexican variety of one we had given them from Europe. We didn't think it would bloom this year and were just happy the puppies had spared it (not many plants make it through 11 lab puppies). And today it begins to bloom- a once a year process that takes two weeks and the flower lasts another month. I couldn't help thinking it was a gift from Puka and Emilio agrees.


Puka Bloom: July 6, 2009 Wait until you see the finished bloom! Check back

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Woooosh! The Blog

"Poor Mexico! So far from God, so close to the United States!"
(Mexican President Diaz: 1876 to 1910)

Our Baja journal and commentary: Dolphins, Narcos, Labradors, Fried Lobster, Fish Tacos, Buckets of Coronas, Beheadings, Surfing-K38, Falcons, Express-kidnappings and Family security drills... it's a 24/7 Fiesta with roving Mariachi Bands and food carts. Everything but tourists.

Even the LAST CHANCE TO EAT TACOS cart is closed.